Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. DO YOU HEAR GOD SPEAKING TO YOU?
You hear people say "God spoke to me" or "God laid it on my heart" or "God gave me the vision" or many other things people say. How do we know if God is speaking to us or is it our imagination, our own personal wants, or to gain us attention?
We can hear God through various ways. Prayer, scripture reading/study, or personal quiet meditation and talking with God.
I am guilty of saying-- "God laid it on my heart". How do I know? Recently a situation came up and someone needed help. I felt like I should do something (laid on my heart) so I called my pastor, explained the situation, he concurred and said follow through. To me that was confirmation that this was God speaking to me and not just my want for acclamation or attention.
Then when we assisted this person, they were very appreciative and I just felt (don't always go by emotion) it was God's hand. However, by seeing the reaction I knew God was involved.
I knew a lady once that said a man, a neighbor, told her that God told him they should get married. Her response was don't you think if that were so God would have spoken to me also? I thought this was a great response.
Some people will tell us what God told them just to further themselves or put a feather in their cap. Take time today to read some scripture, mediate, and talk to God. Listen to what God says and has in store for you.
Thank you for reading today. Love y'all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
No comments:
Post a Comment