Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
My friend Sam sent me a Bible verse that rings so true I felt the leading to share. Proverbs 22:1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
This is something that seems to have been lost in society. The Nike motto JUST DO IT!! This started in 1988 and is still going today. So often it is taken to the extreme to "Just Do It" at all costs.
A good name - years ago a man's word and a handshake was a deal. Today .... well ........ Yeah!
We can look around and see many places where a persons "good name" is not as important as the end result. You know--- I want it and I'm going to get it no matter what."
Politicians will lie or stretch the truth; athletes play the blame game; adults are not always truthful with their children, family or friends.
Who cares about their name? When I grew up my parents had 2 businesses and stressed how I should behave because it would have a direct reflection on them and the businesses. Soooo, I was a "good" boy growing up. Yeah! I kind of swayed in adult life until I had a relationship with Jesus, but the name was important.
I hope my rambling relates to someone out there. Thank you for reading. Below are the first 4 verses of Proverbs 22:
A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
2 Rich and poor have this in common:
The Lord is the Maker of them all.
3 The prudent see danger and take refuge,
but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
4 Humility is the fear of the Lord;
its wages are riches and honor and life.
I hope this helps you or someone you can share with. Love y'all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
No comments:
Post a Comment