Friday, August 28, 2026

All this came from Abram (Abraham)

 Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. HE HAS RISEN, INDEED, CHRIST HAS RISEN!!!

   As I read the Bible and listen to research commentaries on the Bible I find the more I know, then I find out the less I really knew.  Enjoy the Bible, and how it is all intertwined and works out.
   Take Abraham and Sarah (Abram and Sarai originally).  Genesis 12 Abram is told by God: "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.  I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
  Abram aka Abraham goes through several situations on his way before he has any children.  He and Sarah are past child bearing age and God told him he would be a great nation.  Soooo, the human side took charge and Sarah said take my maidservant, Hagar, and have a child. Abraham did and at 86 years old he fathers Ishmael.  And from here there are problems.  Then at 100 Abraham fathers Isaac.
   Problems are created here as you would imagine. Ishmael has been an only child for 14 years and then along comes this baby, Isaac, who gets the attention now.
  Well Ishmael and Isaac grow up. Ishmael has 12 sons and they are a nomadic tribe. Isaac has 2 sons.  Isaac's son Jacob had 12 sons and Jacob's name changed to Israel.  One son, Joseph, was a dreamer and Jacob's favorite.
   When Joseph was sent to check on his brothers, the brothers plotted against him and put him in a dry cistern.  Then along came some Ishmaelites and Midianites.  Joseph was pulled out of the cistern (well) and sold for 20 pieces of silver (have you heard 20 pieces of silver before).
   Now, what is interesting to me is that all these people originated from father Abraham.  The Ishmaelites were descendants of Ishmael, a son from Hegar; and the Midianites were descendants of Midian, a son of Abraham from wife Keturah.
  All this comes together for the Ishmaelites to buy Joseph and then sell him to Potiphar in Egypt, one of Pharaoh's officials, the captain of the guard.  And the wheel continues to spin.  
   I did find this very interesting how this all comes together, they are all related even though they are not aware of it.  All coming from Abraham and his sons, down to Joseph and it keeps going.  
   Wow!  What a wonderful book to read and study, God's word. Amen? Amen!!!
Thank you for enduring this lesson I learned just today. Love y'all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
p.s. I hope you found this as interesting as I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment