Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Jeremiah 1:5-9

 Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. YOU ARE BLESSED INDEED!

  Does God really know who I am?  We need to remember Jeremiah 1: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
What does God say? He knew us before he formed us, we are set apart (Christians), however, we may not be a prophet but He does want us to go into all the world and spread the good news.
   When called to do so we may have excuses as in Jeremiah 1: 6 “Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young (or old).”
   This first one is an excuse many will  say we don't know how to speak or know enough scripture to talk to people. Also, we use age, some say they are too young and no one will listen. Some say they are too old and no one listens to old people. So, how does God react to this?
   God comes right back to us ( you and me) and says in 
Jeremiah 1: 7 But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young (or old).’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
    So what happens now?  What should I do? 
 Jeremiah 1: 9 Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.
   God will lead us.  We just have to be open to His leading by the Holy Spirit.  I pray that God leads you and me to tell at least one person about God, Jesus today.  May God be with you and grant you God's speed in sharing the gospel with others.
    4 things to remember:  1) God initiates;   
2) Your value comes from God's choice, not your accomplishments;  
3) God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called; 
4) God promises His presence, NOT an easy path.

  Thank you for reading today. Love y'all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment