Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
HE IS RISEN, INDEED, HE HAS RISEN!!!
I have realized in the past, but it really hit me today. I do pray for people, put people on my prayer list and then what? Yep, I put it on the shelf or in my special carrying case and only look at it 2 or 3 times a week.
Is that what God wants us to do? Okay, I'll pray with you now and then again when I see you; OR, should I keep this on my pray list and pray over you and others each day.
I fail to take the time, just a 10 minute period each day to STOP and PRAY!
1 Thessalonians 5: 16 Rejoice always,
17 pray continually,
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Romans 12: 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
And God says in Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
Please understand, this does not mean we need to speak out loud 24 hours a day. It simply means keeping an ongoing conversation or connection with God as we go through the day.
We need to keep our hearts tuned in and turned toward God and we can silently pray while walking, driving, working, or just relaxing.
For me, I need to take at least 10 minutes during the day to just stop, go over my prayer list, and spend time with God.
Not just giving out things (ordes) for God to do (if it be His will) but also to give thanks for all HE has done for me and others.
Being humble, patient, and listening to God does not always come easy, but it is important for me to do.
Thank you for reading with me today. Love y'all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
No comments:
Post a Comment