Monday, August 31, 2026

The Linen Belt - Jeremiah 13

 Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!

  Reading Jeremiah 13 made me think of us in America and the peoples around the world.  Are we as the linen belt God told Jeremiah to get in chapter 13?
  God told Jeremiah to buy a linen belt and put it around his waist but let no water touch it.  Then he told him to go to Perath and hide the belt there in the rocks. In ancient days Perath was the Euphrates River.  
    Then many days later (we don't know how many) God told Jeremiah to return to Perath and retrieve the linen cloth.  Now by this time the linen cloth was ruined and completely useless.  This is what God is saying about Judah and the pride of Jerusalem.
   While reading this I could not help but think about us in the USA and people around the world.  Are we close to God or becoming completely useless as the linen belt (cloth)?  I have to soul search--am I a good linen belt or worthless linen belt?
   God wants us to be his people of praise and honor to HIM.  Are we doing this or are we walking with 1 foot in the world and 1 or maybe 1/2 foot in the spiritual world?   Do you, do I serve God daily?  OR, just Sunday and maybe Wednesday but live like hell the rest of the time?  Time for soul searching for me as I read this.  What about you?  Where do you stand?  Food for thought.  
   If you have time it only takes a minute or two to read the link above of Jeremiah 13.  Love y'all.
In Christ's Love and Grace.
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment