Thursday, February 17, 2022

Will you share your faith? When will you start? Today? Now?

 

Good morning and God's blessings to you,
   God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!
  I have 2 thoughts to share with you today.  First, about Penn Jilette, the magician from Penn & Teller.  A few years ago a man came up to Penn and gave him a small book and said I wrote something in the front.  The book was a small New Testament and the Book of Psalms.  Now you need to understand that Penn is an Atheist.

Jillette, moved by the man’s gesture, recalled: “He was kind, and nice, and sane, and looked me in the eyes, and talked to me, and then gave me this Bible.”

“I’ve always said,” Jillette explained, “I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize. I don’t respect that at all. If you believe there is a heaven and hell, and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life or whatever, and you think it’s not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward.

“How much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate someone to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?”

Please, RE-READ THE BOLD WORDS ABOVE.  This is from an Atheist asking how much do you and I, Christians, have to hate someone to not tell them about eternal life.  Food for thought.  We often get in our comfort zone and refuse or are very reluctant to step out and tell people about Jesus Christ, the greatest man who ever lived.  WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

  The second thought that, to me, relates to what Penn was saying is this.  I was at a friends house a few days ago and we were sitting outside by the firepit and had a great fire going.  I found a small twig on the ground and decided to throw it in the fire. 

Once I did I watched it intently, as the twig lay there I saw it move slightly from the intense heat. It was as if it was withering in pain from the heat.  It was very small but did not just catch fire immediately.  As it moved, or withered in the heat slowly it started turning gray, but not yet on fire.

  As I watched the twig withering and not catching fire my thoughts turned to hell.  Is this what hell would be like?  Withering in pain, in agony, and getting no relief?  Wishing to catch fire and be extinguished forever and permanently?  Then I thought about the rich man and Lazarus, when the rich man asked for just a drop of water on his tongue to relieve some of the agony.

  Because of this and what my pastor said in church Sunday, I felt moved to buy some small crosses and share those with people on a daily basis.  I will have a tool to share and let God open the door for me to be a witness for HIM.  What about you?  Will you let God, the Holy Spirit lead you and share with others? Again, as Penn said:  “How much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate someone to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?”

Thank you for reading. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment