Friday, December 16, 2022

Is it More Christ or More Presents at Christmas time?

 Good morning fellow Christians!!!!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!!

   Well, CHRISTMAS begins with CHRIST.  And, if you are aware of the spanish word "mas" it means more.  So, we want MORE CHRIST!  Not a bad thought at all.
   This time of year, we begin to think, or, having been thinking and buying gifts for family and friends.  We tend to want it all to be equal for each of our children or grandchildren.  So, I will spend $XXXX on each one.
   Here is the question. Does it really matter?  What they get will it last and be something they will really need and cherish?  By giving it only makes us, you and me, feel better.  "Oh, I was fair to all my family"!  
   Really, the only really fair and genuine present to offer our family and friends is an invitation to accept and follow Jesus.  Then follow this with a Bible or daily prayer pamphlet. 
  Oh, yes, I am speaking mainly to myself here, but it is worth giving you a thought-provoking idea.  What does the Bible say about things here on earth?
   Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

  Matthew 6:19-20 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;

  A thought to remember: 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

  John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

  So, with all this hula-ba-loo we go through, what is the real truth?  Are you spending way too much time on gifts, spending too much money, and not teaching about what is really important at Christmas.
   I am guilty, and I'm betting you are right there beside me.  Maybe MORE CHRIST and less mess.  Thanks for reading my thoughts for the day. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment