Monday, January 30, 2023

Are you a prisoner of Christ; A servant of Christ?

Hello Fellow Christians,
   God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   So often in the scriptures when Paul writes he begins with: "a servant (or apostle) of Christ Jesus by the will of God".  He also will refer to himself as a "prisoner" of Christ Jesus.
   As I read I wonder how often do we really think of ourselves as servants of Christ Jesus.  To me, this would mean that I would serve Christ.  But he is not dining or relaxing in my home; how would I serve him.
   I believe, today, that serving Christ Jesus means I serve out the goods he left with us.  And what is that?  It is the word of salvation. Sharing and spreading the gospel everywhere we go.  Do I?  No, but I am getting better in doing so.  Do YOU?
  Here is what Paul says in Philemon verse 4-7. I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the LORD JESUS and your love for all the saints.  I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.  Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints".
  Breaking it down:  Do other hear about your faith?
                         Do you have love for all the saints?
                         Are you active in sharing your faith?
                        Do you understand all good things we have in Christ?
  Dear friends, I pray for you and pray that you will have great joy and be encouraged by the word of God.
   Thank you for reading today. Love y'all.
Johnny

 

No comments:

Post a Comment