Saturday, March 18, 2023

Just random thoughts to ponder with scripture.

 Good morning all.  We should be saying "GOD MORNING" as HE is the one who made the mornings, the noons, the evenings, and all.  GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!!

   I am going to throw out some random thoughts and would enjoy your feedback. 
FIRST:  Religion is spelled DO;  whereas Christianity is spelled DONE!
Now why would we say this?  Do is defined as an action or actions.  In the process of doing something.  Often in "religion" people "work" or "do" things to get their "christian" work completed believing this is the way to heaven.  The more I do the better my place in heaven will be.  Huh???  Is this what the Bible says?   Salvation by works appeals to man's sinful nature. Look at Proverbs 14:: 12 There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.   So, if we believe we can work our way into heaven we are wrong. 
  John 14: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
  This, my friend, is Christianity and spelled DONE!  Through Jesus to the Father! 
     Often I hear, you hear, we hear I don't go to church because they are hypocrites,  they talk about you and don't show the love of Jesus.  To this I would say this is partly true, but also, so often how we perceive something is the only side we see and since we see it this way it is real to us.  Example:  If I think someone does not like me, then I will respond to that person as my belief leads me; whereas, if I thought that person liked me I would respond differently in an accepting way.   So, when you go to church, or some other gathering, do you go with the attitude they like you or are back-biters?  
  How about some soul searching for a moment.  Are you really true to what you say and you are not hypocritical yourself. Uh, do you talk about others?  Hmmm!
Food for thought!    Matthew 7:5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
  For more verses about hypocrites go to this site: BIBLE VERSES ABOUT HYPOCRISY (kingjamesbibleonline.org)
   A quick saying to close:  PEOPLE DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW, UNTIL, THEY KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE!
   Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
p.s. Proverbs 14- great words of wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment