Monday, June 19, 2017

Spiritual leader of the household - the MAN!

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!!!
   Fathers day has come and gone. Food for thought. What does it mean to be the spiritual head of the household?  This does not mean one rules with tyranny, my way or the highway.  It means to teach: -your children of the ways of God, -what it means to fear God, -what it means to love God, -what salvation is.
   I, for one, know that while my children were growing up we went to church and Sunday School consistently and most of the time.  I even taught high school boys Sunday School, BUT, yes BUT, I was not the spiritual leader of the house.
    I left the teaching of the Bible and their growth in Christ to the church. No, I was not the spiritual leader of the household.  Oh, yes, we prayed at meals, knew God, but I did not lead in the way God intended.
   Unfortunately this is the way the world is running now.  My son in laws are great providers and care greatly for their families, BUT, they, also, are not the spiritual leaders of the house.  As most homes, the woman, the mom, is the one taking the children to church and the man stays home to do.............whatever he wants, but worshiping God is not important to him.
   How sad it is for our society and world today.  In Ephesians 6:4  fathers are to not provoke children to anger AND instruct them in the ways of the LORD.
   Now, the real question for you to ask yourself is:  "Is this my family?"
For me, the answer is yes.  Did I and do I love my children?  Yes, with all my heart.  Do I have any regrets?  Yes, the fact that in my life I tried to serve 2 masters while my children were at home: the world and God. We can only serve 1 master. 
    It is too sad that so many of us males do not understand, nor do we heed Gods word.  Ephesians 6: And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
   This verse says a lot.  If you are a male, think about this; if you are a female - maybe you should share this with your husband.  Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment