Tuesday, June 6, 2017

What spiritual gifts do you have? Romans 12

This was posted yesterday, however, for some unknown reason it did not post.  This is for June 5, 2017: 
Good morning one and all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   Some people say spiritual gifts such as speaking in tongues, prophesying, miracles, dream or visions from God, etc. are all in the past, the Old Testament.  They are said to be no longer valid today.  Now, I do know Jesus came to fulfill the law and gave us grace, for all have sinned.  However, if spiritual gifts are dead, then I would believe that God is dead.  Since I serve a living God, then I believe the spiritual gifts are real and still here.  What do you think?
    Look at Romans 12: For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:      5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
     Okay, we all belong to the same body, but we don't all have the same office.  This is important to remember.  Now we all have "jobs" according to the grace that is given to us.  Listen, this is important.  If I have the grace and gift of healing it does not mean that I will heal everyone that I meet.  I will heal the ones God wishes me to heal in such a way as to bring glory to God.  Read the gifts below:Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
 You may have 1 gift or several, and, in my opinion, it depends on the level of maturity you are in the LORD.  You may only have 1 gift at a certain time; however, as you grow in the word, grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ, and let the Holy Spirit guide you, you may have several gifts.  Who is to say?  GOD, and GOD ONLY!  Do you know what your gift is?  Have you sought it out?  I do not believe God wants us to be pew sitters, go to Sunday School, listen to the preacher and then go on about our worldly business.  I firmly believe he wants us to grow in HIM, know your gifts, and go forth and use them.  If God is with you, then you have no excuse; be obedient and follow what and where God wants you to go.  Hmmm!  Think about this and I'll be back tomorrow. Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment