Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Forgiveness Colossians 3:13; Ephesians 4:31-32; Luke 17:3-4

  Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Yesterday I shared about sorrow and our soul is weary.  Sometimes we are sorrowful because of the events that have happened in our lives and we are not "forgiving" the ones who violated us.
    Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the LORD forgave you."
     This is a tough call as we would like to strike back.  However, the "unforgiveness" in our heart becomes a sist and just continues to grow. This sist persists and causes us pain.
   Ephesians 4:31-32 "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  (32) Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
   It is very difficult to do this.  I know from personal experience. I once had a boss who did not like me and undermined me at every opportunity.  I was unwillingly to forgive, but the closer I came to the LORD, I realized my error and forgave him. A heavy burden was then lifted and I felt much better and felt like I was in closer fellowship with the LORD.
  And finally, Luke 17:3-4 "So watch yourselves, If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.  Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying 'I repent,' you must forgive them."
    Now, we must forgive, however, this is telling us it is okay to rebuke, or tell them what they have done to offend or sin against you.  It is important to share with the offending party, let them know what happened and how it affects you, and then forgive them.  It is okay to tell them you forgive them, and that you expect them to turn from their offensive ways.  This may take courage to do, however, with God on your side, it will be easier and you will feel much better.
    May your day be great in the LORD JESUS CHRIST!  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment