Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Are you content with where you are? Hebrews 13:5

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   So often we look around and see someone doing well, and we see someone who is not necessarily a "good" person succeeding beyond what we believe they deserve.  So what do we, in sin nature, do?  Possibly envy, or maybe just think how unfair that someone "like them" should be doing so well, when we know of many others who should be blessed with great success.
  Or maybe it is a money issue - "If only I had $$$$ I would be happy. I could do such and such."  Maybe for a short time, but money does not bring happiness.  It is important to be content with the hand we are dealt.  Now, this does not mean to play the woe is me card, not striving to do better.  We should continually work to  improve our situation but keeping God as number 1, number uno, the Big 1 in our lives.
   Hebrews 13: Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
  In the NIV it says: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have ..........
   We need to take heed of these words. A short personal story.  In 2006 I was retired from teaching and a rehire to teach.  I was also textbook coordinator for the district.  After many attempts to move on in life with a publishing company each attempts was thwarted and to be no more.  I remembered this verse and in Nov. of 2006 I told God that since He wants us to be content with where we are I would be a rehire teacher until I retired again or died.
   About 3 weeks later I went to a textbook conference in Austin, Texas.  Here they had vendors and I noticed a company of whose curriculum I had used when I was principal.  I inquired about their curriculum, finding that they did not have a sales rep in Texas.
   I thought and meditated about applying for a week.  Then, I felt God was leading me to apply.  I wrote a cover letter and emailed it with a resume in on a Wednesday morning in December.  That afternoon I received a call.  Then, less than 14 days I had 3 interviews and offered the job.  I did not get this job; God opened the door for me to have this job of which I praise and thank God often.
   I was having a restless heart and needed this verse in Hebrews. It has served me well and I can only THANK GOD FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR ME!
   If you find your self restless with where you are, what you are doing, take time to speak to God and then LISTEN and SEE.  God has something in store for you, but it is important we are obedient and don't push.  It will happen.
   1 Timothy 6: But godliness with contentment is great gain.
Thanks for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Faith,
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment