Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Matthew 22:14 Many are called, Few are chosen

Good morning everyone.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  For some unknown reason my daily are coming back with your email saying they are undeliverable.  If you do receive this please let me know. Also, you can go to mynewjesusblog.blogspot.com - which has all my posts. Thank you.
   There is one gate to heaven and that is through the LORD JESUS CHRIST.  Some will be like the men going into a town which has a gate entrance.  They will say there is more than one way to get into the town.  Rather than traveling to the gate and receiving the pass to enter the city they choose to just jump over the wall and enter that way.  Why?
   Well, for one it is shorter, and 2, many do it.  So, we wish to take a short cut just because lots of other people do.  Does this make sense?  One day while traveling to Houston the travel became jammed and was barely moving.  I saw a couple of cars dart off the highway to the right, through the median area to the service road.  Well, I thought "hey, great idea to beat the traffic and go around."  Yes, just as I come onto the service road there was a sheriff's deputy.  He pulled me over and said I had exited illegally. My response, well I saw others do it.  No excuse---ticket time.
   This is how we so often do with God.  We want to take a short cut to get there.  I don't have to accept Jesus--there are other ways to get to heaven.  I do lots of church work (so did the Pharisees); I am a good person; I treat people fairly; there are more ways to get to heaven.  OOPS!!
   The Bible is very clean about the new covenant with Jesus being the truth, the way for salvation.  In Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
   Where are you today?  Trying to take the short cut because others say it is okay, OR, going through the gate which is Jesus Christ as LORD and Saviour?
  To better understand read Matthew 22:1-14 - The parable of the wedding feast.
Where are you today friend?  Look in a mirror, reflect, do you see sin or Jesus? Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment