Monday, August 5, 2019

Where does your appetite lead you? To GOD or the secular world?

Good morning everyone.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  BLESSED!!! 
  How oft doth we take things for granted?  Yes, quite often.  God is there with us all the time.  When we have troubles we blame God.  Why?  Do we ever hear that satan is on the move?  You don't get what you think should happen and you get mad at God.  Well, I prayed and prayed and God didn't answer.  OH YES HE DID!  But, just not the way you wanted.
  The children of Israel complained about manna.  They were not starving, but their appetite was not satisfied.  Then they received quail.  Were they satisfied?  They constantly complained and said they were better off slaving in Egypt, at least they had "good food" to eat.
  Where I am going here is about our appetite.  Our appetite tends to guide us.  If my appetite desire alcohol, I assume that will make me content.  If my appetite desires food, I assume that will make me content.  And we could go on and on about what our appetites are.  Money, power, social standing, being recognized for..........; yes, what is your appetite?
  1 Peter 2:2 like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation,
  We need to humble ourselves, long for the spiritual milk which is the word of God.
   Our appetite does lead us.  Do you have an appetite for the Word of God?  If not, what is the problem?  If so, how strong is your appetite?  Do you just want a snack, a tiny morsel, or do you want the "full meal deal" of the Word?
  Psalm 63: 1 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
   Are you able to honestly say this scripture and believe it--your soul thirst for God?
  John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
  Psalm 143:6 I stretch out my hands to You; My soul longs for You, as a parched land. Selah.
   What are you hungry for?  Where does your appetite lead you?  Thanks for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment