Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Blessings and Peace

Good morning all.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!!
  This morning I am going to try to bring 2 things together that weighed on me today --- Peace and Blessings.
   Shelia Walsh stimulated my thinking today.  She is on Life Today, the James and Betty Robison morning show.  PEACE!  We should not worry about anything, BUT pray about everything; tell GOD what you need and thank HIM for everything.    Psalm 103: Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits
   Here David is calling on his whole SOUL to bless the LORD.  David was not going for lip service, but for his whole soul to bless Yahweh.  This is what we should be doing -- blessing the LORD with all our soul.  Then.........
Once we have poured out blessings on Yahweh, we need to remember all that HE has given us, the benefits of our relationship with Jesus Christ.  What comes forth here are the blessings.
  What about PEACE?  As Christians we often fret and stew, worrying about things we need not do.  So, what do we do then?  We just want to go to our "safe" or "peaceful" place and relax.  Well, do you think this may be your prayer closet?  No, usually, it is to turn on music, lean back, and "chill"; or turn on TV and let whatever is on just blow right on past us; or it may be to just sitting still in silence (this comes closer to God-be still and know that I AM).
   Please remember this about peace and I borrow from Shelia Walsh as this is a phrase we should all remember:
PEACE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF TROUBLE,    PEACE IS THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST!!!
  I will leave you with this quote from Charles Spurgeon - “Let others murmur, but do thou bless. Let others bless themselves and their idols, but do thou bless the Lord. Let others use only their tongues, but as for me I will cry, ‘Bless the Lord, O my soul.’”
 Thank you for reading today, May your day be safe, enjoyable, peaceful, and blessed. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace


Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment