Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Listening to God's word from your own mouth

Good morning all.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!!
  This morning early I was listening to a preacher who was talking about listening to God's Word---not from a preacher, teacher, or someone else; but from your very own tongue. 
   I started thinking about this and how often do we "listen" to the word from a preacher or teacher, yet fail to "hear" the word?  Hmmm!  This is a form of "GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS" of being a Christian.  Serve our time in church, pray (sometimes), open our Bible in Sunday School and Church -- only.
   He recommended that we take our Bible and read just 3 chapters a day - OUT LOUD - so you can hear your own voice saying the words from GOD.  I believe it to be a great suggestion.  If I am reading aloud to myself it tends to focus my mind on the matter at hand, which is scripture.  My mind will not wonder or drift and I can totally meditate on the Holy Word of God.
  Oh, yes, there are different Bible resources that will read the word for you, BUT, do you really listen or does your mind drift?  Well, my mind tends to drift.  So, I decided to start today and begin in Matthew 1 and read 3 chapters per day.  Will you take this challenge with me?  Decide where you plan to start, begin reading 3 chapters a day, log it somewhere, and see how much difference this will make in your life.
  Oh, yes, and by the way, at the end of his sermon he was using the prosperity gig of write a check for $1,000 and in a few days see the gift come back to you many fold over.  Yeah!  We won't go that far!  :)
    David in Psalm 119:105: Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Think about this for a moment - lamp to my feet---light to my path. What path are you on?
  2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
   Wow!  Does this say a lot to us.  And two more scriptures:
Matthew 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
  And finally: Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
   Thank you for reading with me today. Please read out loud and listen to the scriptures. Meditate and absorb.  Below is a link from Pastor Dale about meditation. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

 

No comments:

Post a Comment