Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Are you forgiven? Does God/Jesus forgive you?

 Good morning everyone.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!

   We all walk around with sin. Some sin we ignore as a "little" sin, and some are "big" sins.  Is there a difference?  NO!  A sin is a sin. 
   Sometimes we struggle with "Am I really a Christian, really saved"?  The answer, of course, is between you and God. However, I would say that if you really, truly, and honestly accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour then you are.  The trouble here is satan or his demons keep casting doubt darts.  
   What are doubt darts?  They are thoughts or ideas that come to you questioning your true salvation.  Doubting all you believe.  Making you check the Bible to see if it is true.  WELL, it is true, the true inspired written word of God!  Don't let satan, his demons, or ANYONE shake your belief.  But, if you do doubt remember this:
  Peter thought he was strong as said to Jesus before the trial, crucifixion in Matthew 26: 33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
   Note the bold; then Jesus says to Peter: 34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.   Notice what Jesus tells him. Yes, you will deny me 3 times.
   Now Peter was "the ROCK"; he was strong and believed in Jesus Christ.  Here you can also see some pride and impulsiveness from Peter.  Can you see him - "No, I won't deny you, I'll be strong and stand against any and all".
   Now you know the story.  When Jesus was taken away and tried Peter was asked 3 times if he was with Jesus and he said what????   NO??? Yes, he denied.  BUT...........When Jesus came back and appeared to the disciples, in John 21:15-17, Jesus asked Peter 3 times if he loved him.  Each time Peter answered yes, LORD, I love you.
   It is interesting here to note that he was asked 3 times and after Peter replied Jesus said, "FEED MY SHEEP"!  It is  important to note that Jesus did not bring condemnation to Peter, but forgiveness and then told him to go forth and preach.  If you follow the Bible, after this Peter was "the Rock" and did go forth boldly.
   This is for you and for me.  We may sin once, twice, thrice, and many more, BUT, Jesus is our saviour, died on the cross for you, for me, and we are forgiven.  What must we do?  FEED HIS SHEEP!  We must go forth boldly.  
  Think of this. Have you ever denied Christ?  Yes, but probably not as Peter did.  There was the nudging of the Holy Spirit to speak to or pray with someone and you squelched the nudge.  Did you not deny?  There have been times I felt I needed to speak to or pray with someone and I did not follow up.  Yes, I denied Christ, not in the sense of Peter, but in the fact I was not obedient to the nudging of the Holy Spirit, sent by Christ.
  Here is a short video of why Jesus asks 3 times if Peter loved him.  Go forth my friend, carrying the word of God and be strong when meeting, confronting, and telling others of your saviour, JESUS CHRIST.  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment