Thursday, October 8, 2020

Psalm 43:6-8 -- Huh???

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!!
   During my rest, aka sleep, this verse came to me:  Psalm 43:6-8.  So I googled it and here are the verses that came up:
   Through thee we will push down our enemies with the horn: and through thy name we will despise them that rise up against us.

For I will not trust in my bow: neither shall my sword save me.

But thou hast saved us from them that afflict us: and hast put them to shame that hate us.

  Then I looked in the Bible and these verses are not in the 43rd Psalm.  Psalm 43 only has 5 verses according to the KJV or the NIV.

   Upon further research I find it comes from Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition. This is a translation of the Latin Vulgate into English by the Catholic seminary English College in Douai, France. A very interesting history and to know more you can look it up.  Now, look at the verses.

   In verse 6 push down enemies with the horn - horn usually represents power and dignity of the divinity; it also represents salvation and immorality.

   Verse 7 is trusting in the LORD more than my own efforts (the bow).

   Verse 8 God saves us that come against us and puts them to shame.

I found this to be extremely interesting and hope you do as well.  I will trust in the LORD and HE will place our enemies at HIS feet as we rise to an eternal life.

  If you want to know more about the Douay-Rheims version click here.

Thank you for reading. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny


 

No comments:

Post a Comment