Monday, October 12, 2020

The Bible knows; the Bible tells us; Look and think about America today

 

Good morning everyone.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  REMEMBER: You are BLESSED because you are a  CHILD OF GOD!!!
   If you read the fable of Androcles you will find that a slave escaped his horrible master and fled.  In his flight he came upon a massive lion. As he prepared to flee for his life he noticed the lion was lying down, moaning, and in pain.
   He came close and noticed a thorn embedded in the pad of the lion's paw. He removed the thorn, patched the bleeding paw, and the lion was grateful. The two remained together with the lion bringing food to the man as they shared a cave.
  The day came when both were captured.  The punishment for the man was that he was to be cast into the arena and a lion, whom they captured and starved was released.  As the lion roared and rushed to the man, the lion realized this was the man who had removed the thorn and he laid at his feet in total submission and obedience.
  Now we can look at Psalm 28 and read about this story in another context.  We live in a world of evil, conflict, and the enemies of God are constantly attacking us.  Our only refuse is God, his mercy, his love, his salvation and rescuing of us.  Read and think about this Psalm and look around at America, look at yourself, and think about GOD!
  PSALM 28: Of David.

To you, Lord, I call;
    you are my Rock,
    do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
    I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Hear my cry for mercy
    as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
    toward your Most Holy Place.

Do not drag me away with the wicked,
    with those who do evil,
who speak cordially with their neighbors
    but harbor malice in their hearts.
Repay them for their deeds
    and for their evil work;
repay them for what their hands have done
    and bring back on them what they deserve.

Because they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord
    and what his hands have done,
he will tear them down
    and never build them up again.

Praise be to the Lord,
    for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.

The Lord is the strength of his people,
    a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Save your people and bless your inheritance;
    be their shepherd and carry them forever

This is what I pray for America; that God will save his people and bless our inheritance, be our shepherd and carry us forward forever.  

May your heart be opened, may you be blessed, and please pray for our friends and neighbors and those affected by COVID-19.  Thank you for reading. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment