Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Behind every cork is a story

 Hello friends, sorry I have been awol the last few weeks.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  BLESSED INDEED!!

  Many stories begin with cliches such as:  Now, this is no lie; or Let me tell you; Can you believe; and we could go on.  Behind every cork is a story - why?  Because, once the wine is opened you do not know what is going to be said or happen.
   Well, behind every salvation there is a story.  When were you saved or reborn? How did it happen? What age were you?  Why so young or old?
  Well, let me begin, AND, I would enjoy some of you sharing your walk to salvation, how it came about.  Here is my story.
  I grew up in a Methodist Church is Southeastern Colorado.  Had perfect attendance for several years.  When the doors were open we were probably there. Vacation Bible school, Sunday school, church, confirmation; we were there.
  I knew who Jesus was but did not understand salvation.  One time Reverend Galbreath stood in the pulpit and said quite loudly 'JESUS CHRIST' , then he looked around and said something to the effect of:  If you heard this as a curse word, then you know your relationship with the LORD.  Yep!  That affected me, but I still did not understand salvation.
  After leaving the military and returning to my home town, a Christian Construction company was building a new Christian Church in town.  While talking to the builder he asked me if I was a Christian.  I knew what he was asking, I wasn't, but to avoid the situation I said, "No, I am Methodist". Then he explained his question, which I knew and I lied and said YES, I was a Christian.  Yep, I went to church.
   When I began teaching school in Pagosa Springs Colorado a young man named Alan Combs was the band director there.  He was and is a very strong Christian and he witnessed to me in a way that I would listen.  Telling me different stories of how the Bible related to current life.  This I had never heard.  We became good friends, and I still hold him in high regard to this day. He was only there 1 year, and I am certain GOD sent him to witness to me, a lost sinner.
   WeLL, he would go with me, my wife and my oldest daughter to California for spring break for about 3 years running.  In March of 1975 we were coming home via Arizona and New Mexico in my Malibu with a 454 engine.  I tell you this because a 454 enjoys slurping gasoline.  Anyway, as we were traveling and we were singing to the 8 track tape player with Bill and Gloria Gaither I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior.
   Oh, but, some of the doubting Thomas was still in me.  Our fuel situation was becoming critical and we were praying to get to a station to buy gas.  Now, me, being full of doubt silently prayed, Lord if you are real show me a sign.  We came over a hill going into Cortez Colorado and could see a service station at the bottom of the hill.  Was it open or closed as this was in the middle of the night.
   When we came off the hill and were close enough to see if the station was open or closed I could see it was open.  When I saw this I breathed a large sigh of relief, AND, at that same moment the car died---out of gas.  We coasted into the station filled up and for me I then knew for certain JESUS CHRIST IS REAL!!
  If you would care to share you salvation story with me and the others reading please send it and let me know if I can share.  Thank you for reading. Love you all. Psalm 119:66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
    for I trust your commands.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

  

No comments:

Post a Comment