Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Psalm 23:5,6

 Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!!!!

   Okay, let us look at Psalm 23 verses 5 and 6:

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

  In Ancient time a host was expected to provide protection to his guest, but that is not all.  We need to realize that God offers us protection, not only at "feasts" but all the time.  Also, when a guest came into ones home it was customary to anoint them with a fragrant oil.  God offers us plenty and we need to be appreciative, respectful, and honor God.  With God, HE is enough!

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Here is a quote from one commentary by Nancy Gemaehlich that explains this better than I:

  "Because Christ has gone to the cross, because He defeated sin victoriously, because He was exalted to the highest place, and because He is coming again for His bride, we can rest assured that God has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Pet. 1:3).

2 Peter states that God's divine power has given us all that we need.  Thanks for reading. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment