Monday, November 21, 2016

1 Peter 5: 6-7 Spend time with the LORD! Give God your burdens.

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
    Yesterday, pastor talked about giving back to the LORD, not just tithing, but in all we do.  We have 24 hours in a day, which is 1440 minutes per day, meaning 144 minutes should be given SOLELY to the LORD.  How much is 144 minutes?  2 hours and 24 minutes.
   Oh, but I don't have that kind of time.  And on this I call mularkey!  (AKA - bunk, BS, wrong, etc). If you decide you want to go to the movies you will spend no less than 2 1/2 hours doing this;  you go out to eat a "quick" meal probably a minimum of an hour unless you have friends then the minutes will add up more and more.
    I guess what hits me, and while you are reading this you may be saying, "well, Johnny is becoming self-righteous isn't he"?  No, I am really preaching to myself.  How difficult is it to rise an hour earlier and spend time with God?  I don't want to - which is translated to laziness.  I wake most every morning by 4 a.m.; do I get up?  Nope, I just lay there, toss and turn, disturb my wife, and let laziness take it's grasp.  Then, oh 5:30, 6, or later I finally rise to start the day.  During this "don't wanna git up" time I struggle with, I could give 5% or more of the day to the LORD right then---but do I?  Nooooo!
    Does the 10% need to be all at one setting?  No, not at all.  Just various times during the day.  And spending time with God does not mean you have to be on your knees praying for 2 1/2 hours; reading the Bible all this time; or doing a Bible study all the time.  It means you can pray, read your Bible, be silent and just listen to the LORD, read a Christian book to further your growth, being with the LORD and giving back does not mean drudgery!  We need to REJOICE in the LORD! 
    Yes, we all have problems and no one else understands.  Oh, but God understands all, knows where you are and what you will be doing.  Why not take time to visit with God, share, and lighten your load.  God can handle your burdens, whereas you and I may screw up the whole situation.
  Give it ALL over to God.  1 Peter 5: Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
  Just food for thought today.  Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment