Thursday, March 2, 2017

1 Peter 5: 12-14 Final Greetings

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
  Peter is having Silvanus or Silas, writes as he dictates.  Peter is telling them we must stand firm in the true grace of God. We must understand what God's grace is and stand our ground.  He is writing the church in Babylon.  Some versions will say "She who is in Babylon" still referring to the church.  It is thought that Peter is writing from Babylon and this is one churches greeting to another.
    A salute or warm greeting as does Mark, whom many believe Peter was Mark's primary source of information for his gospel.We should all greet each other with God's love, one to another.  But most of all, peace in the fact that we are all in Christ Jesus.

12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.
13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.
14 Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
Thank you for reading.  I ask, selfishly, that you pray for me as I have encountered a hurdle that caused me to fall and skin my knees.  Thank you. Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment