Monday, May 22, 2017

Attitude vs Altitude

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   Today is another great day to be alive in the LORD.  Attitude vs altitude!  Hmmm, have you thought of this.  I am sure you have, specially if you were in the world of education - it was a sign many teachers/coaches had in their classrooms.
    Sometimes we forget to do a self check.  Altitude - if you are flying in a plane your desire is to fly at the optimal altitude where you will get the best flight, least head wind, and best fuel useage.  You definitely do not wish to be flying low in cross winds as this will definitely be a rough and bumpy flight using more fuel.
   Well, sometimes we need to have an attitude check.  I know this from personal experience as my wife and I had a discussion last night about my attitude.  My attitude was not bad, just not good.  My attitude was flying into a head wind with some cross winds and causing my passengers to have a bumpy and less enjoyable ride.  Ever been there?  I need to be reminded:

Luke 10:27  And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND (love) YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Matthew 22:39  "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'
  
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
  I have to be reminded, unfortunately frequently, about my attitude.   However, fortunately, I have a wonderful, God fearing wife that keeps me in check.  For that I am grateful to God and to my wonderful wife.
   If I have offended anyone please let me know so that I may make amends.  Also, if you have offended anyone, make amends, ask forgiveness, and let the burden arise from your shoulders and your load be lighter and bearable.  Christ tells us to take up His yoke in Matthew: 
Come to Me,
all of you who are weary
and find life burdensome;
I will refresh you.
Take My yoke on your shoulders
and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and humble of Heart.
You shall find rest
because My yoke is easy
and My burden light.
-- Matthew 11:28-30
  Thank you for reading. Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment