Friday, July 28, 2017

Job 13 - think about this a moment - verse 15 & 16

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Who is Job and what happened?  I suppose you could say this was a wager or bet between God and satan. Hmmm, maybe wagering is okay- LOL.
   Well, you know satan said the only reason Job was where he was, prospering, was because God had a safety net or hedge around him. God may have provoked satan a little in verse 2 "What ye know, the same do I know also: I am not inferior unto you."  I bet this did not set well in satans craw - what do you think?
   God knew Job was a faithful servant of the Big 3 (God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit). Could we say God to the 3rd power?  Anyway, let us jump on down to verse 15 - Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.
Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.
 (taken from study guide Blue Letter Bible) This is the attitude that will see Job through his past and present crises. He did not understand any of his situation and felt that God was against him, not for him (as in Job 9:28 and 10:16-17). At the same time, he could still exclaim: yet I will trust Him.
    YET I WILL TRUST HIM - wow, this is tough to say and remain in this frame of mind.  When you have a tough time do you think God is punishing you?  Why was this happening?  But look at the start of verse 16 "HE ALSO SHALL BE MY SALVATION......."
    In tough times can you truly say He is my salvation?  Job was definitely a man of strong faith of whom even satan could not deter.  Even his friends AND wife said to curse God and die.  Job remained faithful - may we all be as faithful in our lives.  Remember what Job said: "yet I will trust Him" and "He also shall be my salvation" as we go forth daily.  Hope this makes sense to you all. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment