Monday, July 31, 2017

What is your sacrifice?

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   We all sacrifice, or at least we think we do.  For one it may be giving up one thing to simply have another.  But do we really sacrifice?
   For one person money is tight, he/she drinks beer and switches from an expensive beer to a cheap beer.  For another it may mean getting a car that does not have all the bells and whistles (backup camera, side sensors, etc) For another it may mean no eating out so the kids can go to camp.  Then it may mean an extra part-time job so the family can go on a vacation or visit a family amusement park.
   What do we sacrifice-----REALLY???? There is a Christian song that ran a bell with me this weekend - "Here I Am To Worship"---- look at the words:

Light (Jesus) of the world, You step down into (the world) darkness.
Open my eyes let me see. (take the blinders off, the world vision off)
Beauty that made this heart adore you (the hope and love that is given freely to me)
Hope of a life spent with you.

Now, think about the following words:Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that you're my God,
You're altogether lovely,
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me, my love. (Can you say this words with earnest? You are here to worship, bow down, and stand boldly saying "you are my God"!  Do you really believe Jesus is lovely, worthy, and wonderful or are these just empty words of a song?)
So what is being sacrificed here? Jesus, Son of God, left a mighty and wonderful place to come to the earth (darkness) to save.........yes.......a wretch like me (& you).  What was sacrificed?   God sacrificed His son.  Jesus laid down His life for me & you.  What greater sacrifice is there than this?
    What would you sacrifice for God?  Would you give up lunch to share Christ with someone?  Would you take time away from TV to visit about God / salvation with your family?  Would you give up more than an hour on Sunday to spread the good news of Jesus to your community?  Hmmmm!  What would you sacrifice?  What would I sacrifice?  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment