Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Conviction and truth!

Hello fellow Christians!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
    Conviction and truth - how many of us really have this?  Conviction - a firmly held belief or opinion.  Truth - a fact or belief that is accepted as true.  How much TRUTH do we have CONVICTION of?
   You know the saying, 'well, google says ............'; and yes, Virginia, the internet is always truthful and correct.  Yeah, right!!  I am guilty of what I am about to say and I'll wager you are also.  Often I take what I hear to be true without, yes, without investigating further.  The ole gossip circle - 'I just heard on the radio that.......'; yep, there it goes.
   Just like letting Sunday School and Church teach us and our children about the Bible.  That just ain't right!!  Why do you say that?  For instance, how many wisemen came to see Jesus?  Most people (and I WAS one of them) say 3.  Why 3 - because of the 3 gifts and the song- We Three Kings.  It is a lie - there were "kings" - plural - meaning 2 or more but you won't find out how many in the Bible.  It just says kings or maji.
    Nativity scenes show the shepherds AND the kings together. Another lie, the kings were not in Bethlehem, but came to see Jesus when he was a toddler.
   Now a question for you that actually read this.  What were the 3 gifts the kings brought and why was each one so significant?  Hmmmm!  Research time.
    And there are more "ERRORS" in our beliefs from the Bible.  Take a moment and stop and think about it.
   Conviction - how strong is your conviction?  Will you stand up for your convictions or beliefs OR just try to ignore and go on?  If a group is together, cursing and telling dirty jokes do you join in or remove yourself from the temptation?  In high school I was a convicted athlete - strict about staying in shape, and I did not drink at parties as many of my buddies did; I was the peace keeper.  THEN, I went to the service, the peer pressure was great to do as other swabbies (sailors) do - drink alcohol.  And yes, my conviction was not strong enough and I fell victim.  I was enjoying the world at that time and had not developed a relationship with Jesus Christ at that time, even though I grew up in the church.
    We must stand up for our convictions and truth; yet show compassion as Christ showed compassion on all, even his torturers.
    Matthew 10: 32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.     33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
   Now, my question to you is this:  Do you have enough conviction in Christ and truth of the scriptures to stand up for Jesus Christ? 
   
Psalm 25:5  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
   
John 14:6   Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
           Food for thought. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

p.s.   M.E.D.I.A. (Most Effective Devil In America)

No comments:

Post a Comment