Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Psalm 31

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
  During my sleep I kept hearing Matthew 31 and could not figure this out, AND, in my dream I could not recite it.  There is good reason, that is because there is not a Matthew 31st chapter.  I began looking at the 31st verses of many chapters and did not understand the meaning of how they would all come together. However, I am still searching and if you have an idea or knowledge please let me know.  Then came the thought, "What about Psalm 31"?
   As I migrated to the Psalms I began to wonder, how many books in the Bible have 31 or more chapters.  Well, there is Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, 1 Samuel, 2 Chronicles, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, all in the Old Testament.  Proverbs 31 is a great chapter and there is a woman's ministry called Proverbs 31 - the president is Lysa TerKeurst. Click on the previous link if you wish to know more.
   I looked at each chapter and then came back to Psalm 31.  This must have been a time when Saul was pursuing David with the intent to kill. Let's look at the chapter.
           First,  David professes his cheerful confidence in God, and, in that confidence, prays for deliverance out of his present troubles (v. 1-8).
                  Next,He complains of the very deplorable condition he was in, and, in the sense of his calamities, still prays that God would graciously appear for him against his persecutors (v. 9-18).
                      And finally, He concludes the psalm with praise and triumph, giving glory to God, and encouraging himself and others to trust in him (v. 19-24).
  We must, as did David, have complete and total faith in God.  Let God rule in our lives and give HIM praise and glory for all that happens in our lives whether it be good or bad.  Take a moment to read all of Psalm 31 and the Proverbs 31- specially verses 10-31.  How a woman is beneficial is an excellent for us all.
   Thank you for reading today. I do hope all this makes some sense to you. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment