Monday, June 4, 2018

Fight the good fight!

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

  Fight the good fight.  Why?  We never know when our time here on earth has expired.  We do not come with a notice that says only good through (date) like our food; or, expires after (date).  We come expecting to see tomorrow when we lay our heads down each day or night.
   God should be in our thoughts when we rise in the morning and when we go to sleep at night.  This past week one who has come to church under a bridge expired in an unexpected death.  Yes, other circumstances surrounded the situation, but the point is here, he expected to be with us today - yet he is not.
   The question then asked is: was he a Christian?  Only he and God truly know that answer.  What we have to do is remember that  we are to give our lives for Christ who shed His blood for us and spread the Word unto all the nations.  Life is short, life in the eye of the LORD is only a blink, now my question to me and to you comes from 2 Timothy 4:  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.  
   Can you read this verse and say it truthfully?  Have you fought the good fight? Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment