Thursday, May 16, 2019

Wisdom's rebuke - Proverbs 1:20-27

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!!
  Yesterday I said we would talk about wisdom.  Let's see what happens when we do not heed knowledge and advice, then:

Wisdom’s Rebuke

20 Out in the open wisdom calls aloud,
    she raises her voice in the public square;
21 on top of the wall she cries out,
    at the city gate she makes her speech: 
(wisdom or common sense is calling out in America but many do not see. It is all political - abortion, voting, LBGT bathrooms, etc. When will wisdom return to America?)
22 “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
    How long will mockers delight in mockery
    and fools hate knowledge?
(We, Americans, allow common sense to go away. We, Christians, are slowly being persecuted by our own elected officials and outsiders here in OUR COUNTRY!)
23 Repent at my rebuke!
    Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
    I will make known to you my teachings.
(will we or is it too late in America to turn back to God?)
24 But since you refuse to listen when I call
    and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
25 since you disregard all my advice
    and do not accept my rebuke,
26 I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
    I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
    when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
    when distress and trouble overwhelm you.
(This is slowly happening here in America, disasters {flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes} all overcoming us and yet what do we do?  NOTHING!
  We, as Christians, need to wake up, take a stand for what the Bible stands for and go forth with determination and God's Good News in hand.  Enough of the liberalism and back to the fundamentals of God's word.
  Our prayer should be for all people to come to God in repentance and with loyalty.  People seem to no longer fear God, but taunt God.  Good news is in the Bible and we need to rejoice in all God has done, is doing, and will do for us.
   Thanks for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment