Monday, July 8, 2019

Who are you? Will you hear Matthew 25:21?

Good day my friends.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  BLESSED!!!
  As I sit, meditate, read and think I begin to wonder just who am I.  I know my name; I know where I was born and reared; I know what has happened in my life; yet, I can't help but wonder just who am I?
   What is your "CLAIM TO FAME", if you will, in life.  Oh, I was a good athlete in a small town.  Finished high school, went to and quit college, served in the military, got a college degree, taught school, married and raised daughters, but who am I really?
  When the end of my dash comes: 1948 - ?? what will be said.  Well, he was a really good ................what? Athlete, student, father, husband, teacher, what??
   Most of all I am a son, a child of someone.  The first father I knew was Burl Holcomb, who was a great father.  However, as I grew I realized I was not only Burl Holcomb's son, but I was much more than that. 
        No, never rich or famous.  Family and friends believe I am very tight ( they say cheap), however, I know from whence I get my materials things - money, clothes, food, autos, and on and on.  It all comes from the one to whom I say "Hallowed be thy name"; Yes, my father in heaven.
  Who am I?  I am a child of God who has ventured out on many paths that were not the cherished road, but bumpy and rough trails.  It is my prayer and my goal to be as the men in Matthew 25 who the master entrusted with 5 bags of gold and the man with 2 bags of gold.
  When the master comes---- 21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
  This is my goal in my waning years to hear those words - WELL DONE, GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT!  Who are you?  Thanks for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment