Monday, December 2, 2019

Saul is troubled! Oh, what to do? 1 Samuel 16:15-23

   Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Today's prayer- Lord, please remove all iniquities and evil from my heart and mind and let me walk in your path and share blessings to others in your name.  Forgive me as I am a sinner, but redeemed through the blood of Jesus. Amen!
  Well, in 1 Samuel 16:15-23 we will find that Saul has a troubled spirit from God (as his servants said) and they are searching for a "cure".  They said let us find a cunning man who plays the harp so that you (Saul) may be comforted and well.
   Saul tells his servants to seek out such a person.  Then one of the servants said, "I have seen a son of Jesse of Bethlehem who knows how to play the harp.  He is a brave man and a warrior. He speaks well and is a fine-looking man.  And the LORD is with him."
  Saul tells the messengers to go to Jesse and send David to him.  Upon this notification Jesse took a donkey loaded with bread, a skin of wine and a young goat and sent them with his son David to Saul.
  Saul liked him very much and David became one of Saul's armor-bearers.  A message was sent to Jesse saying his son, David, would remain in his service because he (Saul) was pleased with him.
  So, now, whenever the spirit from God came upon Saul, David would take his harp and play, giving relief to Saul and the evil spirit would leave him.  Saul was exceedingly pleased.
   I have bounced around in the scriptures and will do my best to remain in 1 Samuel and work through it and 2 Samuel.  Different thoughts come forth and I tend to follow; but, I will do my best to stay on track through Samuel.
   Thank you for reading with me. May your day be wonderful and blessed.
Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny 


No comments:

Post a Comment