Friday, February 28, 2020

Judges 11:4-11

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!!
  Okay, Jephthah is meeting with the leaders of Israel about being their leader in this conflict or battle against the Ammonites.
  They said come, be our leader. Jephthah remembers back when and replies: "Didn't you hate me and drive me from my father's house?  Why do you come to me now, when you're in trouble"?
   The leaders basically said, oh, whatever, that was in the past, but now we are turning to you and want you to come fight the Ammonites, be our leader, and be the head over all who live in Gilead.
   Jephthah is skeptical and responds: "Suppose you take me back to fight the Ammonites and the LORD gives them to me-will I really be your head"?
   The elders reply with, "The LORD is our witness; we will certainly do as you say."   Jephthah went with them, they made him head and commander over them.  Then he repeated all his words before the LORD in Mizpah.  As near as I can find this last sentence simply means Jephthah took an oath before the LORD, or with the LORD as his witness.
   Then we come to the conflict with Jephthah and the king of the Ammonites.  Verse 12--29 on Monday; then disturbing verses for Jephthah verses 30-40 on Tuesday. Thanks for reading Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment