Friday, February 7, 2020

Matthew 8 - a man with Leprosy

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   Things happen and we wonder WHY?  My kids act up, my spouse doesn't understand me, my job, my friends, and on and on.  We need to remember Jesus when all is going right, AND, when things go askew. Yes, It is JESUS we need to call on, both in the good times and the bad.  God wants to hear from you and bless you.
   Matthew 8 Jesus was coming down from the mountainside when suddenly a man with leprosy approached him an knelt before him.  Now understand, leprosy was a term for a variety of similar diseases and these people were thought to be unlean and sent to a community to live until they either were healed or died.
  This man says to Jesus: "Lord, if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean."
   Please note the faith of this man - speaking to Jesus and says IF YOU ARE WILLING!  This is JESUS, he is willing all the time, BUT, do you; do I have enough faith to truly believe?  We have an incurable disease that we will die with UNLESS Jesus takes it away and that is SIN!!!
   You and I have to have enough faith to believe Jesus can take away our sin. Once accepting Jesus as our saviour, we are in the heavenly book and will experience eternal life.  Okay, the leper asked if Jesus was willing.
   Jesus replies, "I am willing, be healed!  Don't tell anyone about this, insead go  to the priest and let him examine you.  Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy.  This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed."
  This is Jesus---He is always willing to heal us. We ask "if you are willing" when our real statement should be "LORD, I know you are willing, I have faith in your healing."
   The law required a healed  leer to be examined by the priest (Leviticus 14) Jesus wanted this man to give his story firsthand to the priest to prove that his leprosy was completely gone so he could return to his community.
   Have you reached out, asked Jesus, been healed of your "leprosy" aka sin?  If not it is time!  If you have rejoice, thank God, and keep the faith.  Jesus is willing- ARE YOU?  Thank you for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace


Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment