Friday, May 1, 2020

If my people, who are called by my name........

Good morning everyone.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good. BLESSED!
  One of the more hurtful things one person can say to another is something to the effect of:  "and you call yourself a Christian".  This does two things; one, it shows that person is passing judgment on you, and, two, it cuts deep into your heart and mind.
   The old expression of: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me" is not a realistic expression.  If words are useless why do we have the WORD of GOD?  Yes, we can forgive one who utters a negative toward your Christian belief, but the wound is still there and only time, lots of time will it heal.  I believe the Bible when it says what comes out of the mouth comes from the heart.
  WORDS!  Are they that worth while, really?  I would say YES!  And why?  GOD SPOKE the universe, man, creatures, everything into existence.  HE SPOKE!  Words are definitely valuable.
  In 2 Chronicles 7: 14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land."
  You and I--CHRISTIANS-- need to humble ourselves!   PRAY!  Seek God's face, and turn away from evil.  So we do this and what happens?
   God will hear us, forgive our sin, and heal our land!!!  The LORD knows we need this at this time in America and around the world.  Next Thursday, May 7, is National Prayer Day.  Let us all knee in our prayer closet and pray for forgiveness and healing of our land.  If we do, God says in 2 Chronicles 7: 15"Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place."
   Let's make a difference, pray daily and especially on May 7 when all Americans need to pray for healing. Thanks for reading. Love you all. 
In Christ's Love and Grace


Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment