Monday, May 18, 2020

Open the eye of my heart! 2 Kings 6

Good morning everyone!  A great day to be alive in the LORD!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  Open the Eyes of my Heart LORD is my theme for today and click if you wish to listen or watch it.
  How often do we travel in pure blindness and darkness?  As the saying goes, can't see the forest for the trees!  In verse 15 of 2 Kings 6 the servant sees the city is surrounded and afraid.    What does Elisha do?  First, he tells his servant - 16 “Don’t be afraid, those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
  What? Can you imagine what the servant is thinking?  The servant saw the enemy all around and was afraid.  Then Elisha prayed that the LORD would open the eyes of the servant. 
  When his eyes were opened, the servant saw the reality that he could not see before. He saw that there really were more with him and Elisha than those assembled against them.
  Then Elisha prayed again to the LORD that he strike the enemy blind.  The LORD did and then Elisha said,  “This is not the road and this is not the city. Follow me, and I will lead you to the man you are looking for.” And he led them to Samaria.
  They Syrian army could not see the spiritual army that surrounded Elisha.  How often do we not see or are not aware of the spiritual army that is protecting us?
  To me, this is a lesson that I need to keep my eyes open to the LORD and what he has instore for me. Are your eyes open and are you following the LORD? My prayer for me and you is that GOD will open the eyes of my heart, mind, and soul to see what he wants me to do.  Thanks for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace


Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment