Thursday, May 28, 2020

No GRACE fatigue

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED! 
  Today, in one of my devotionals from Time of Grace, Jason Nelson said this so well I wanted to pass it on.

There is no grace fatigue
By Jason Nelson

Sometimes consuming religious material is like eating a bowl of Wheat flakes. You know it’s good for you, but there is no snap, crackle, or pop. You know how it’s going to taste before eating the first spoonful. 
Overexposure to things, even if they are good for us, can leave us weary of them. The almighty God got tired of his own people going through the motions of their religion because their hearts and minds weren’t in it. He said, “They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them” (Isaiah 1:14). That’s a danger with our religious habits too. Familiarity with churchy stuff may not breed contempt, but it can lead to apathy. We reduce power to our attention span because we know how it’s going to go down. The formula is predictable. Sinner repent. Turn to Jesus. Have a nice day. Then we all sing another slow song. 
Wheat flakes have become a victim of their bland consistency. I stopped buying them. So have a lot of other people. I don’t want that to happen in my spiritual life or yours. My life isn’t predictable. I need to mull things over. I crave some contemporaneous coaching on how to be a Christian adult. And every day I love hearing how much God loves me. That never gets old. There is no grace fatigue in my life. “No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved” (Acts 15:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment