Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Emotionalism or Spiritual??????????

 Good morning all.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good. YOU ARE BLESSED AS A CHILD OF GOD!!  ACT LIKE IT TODAY- SHOW KINDNESS AND CONSIDERATION!

  Well, I am not pointing fingers or saying anything about different preaching styles.  I would like to say that I want to be reverent and obedient to God's will and calling.  Early the last few mornings I have not been sleeping well and turn on the tv to Christian Day Star.  I enjoy the music, the preaching, UNTIL it comes to Rod Parsley who comes on and does his thing and then asks for money.  Last week was an episode about prospering and he only needed 300 people to send in 1,000 dollars and they would see a drastic change in their lives.  BUT, he would send you FREE a prayer cloth so your prayers would be answered.  Sorry, I question if this is emotionalism or real.
   Then comes T.D. Jakes, who yells and stirs his congregation up into a controlled freenzie.  He is yelling, the crowd is yelling and I have to ask myself is this emotionalism? Chaos? Or real?
   For me, it is emotionalism and distracts me from actually worshiping God.  I would like to know your opinion on this.  I am not saying they are false prophets, but I am saying I could not sit under them in a house of worship.
  This makes me think of Matthew 7: 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
   But, before I cast out judgment I have to remember the beginning of Matthew 7; 1  Judge not, that ye be not judged.For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
   I am not trying to judge, just trying to bring to light that we should worship where we are being fed spiritually with the true word of God.
   Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment