Thursday, February 4, 2021

If you could turn back the hands of time ----- WOULD YOU????

 

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
  Sometimes, or maybe often we reminisce about our past and may utter the words "IF I could turn back time I would ..........."; but would you want to, really???
   Hezekiah, the king of Judah was ill and GOD did turn back the hours of time, but just a short time.  From what I can tell this time is 10 degrees or 10 steps and some believe it is 40 minutes.  Can time be turned backwards or just stand still.  Weeellllllll, if you truly trust God, have faith, and believe yes.  With Joshua GOD even stopped time.
   So, is anything impossible for GOD?  Nothing is impossible for GOD.  I digress, let us move forward; if you could turn back time think about how far back and  the ramifications it would have.  My childhood dream was to be a professional baseball player; well, it didn't happen.  IF I turned back time and changed things to become a professional baseball player my whole life would be different.
  I would not have the 3 daughters and 1 step daughter, nor would I have the 8 grandchildren or my 4 son in laws.  Would I give this up?  NO WAY!!  My life has been a roller-coaster with some pretty strong turns and drops, but GOD has made my errant steps ones that led to other open doors.  God takes care of us, even when we mess everything up. GOD takes care of the stupid, I am living proof. :) (many may say the same thing)
  Hezekiah's life turned around AFTER he prayed, wept, and asked GOD for healing and life.  Yes, GOD took him from death's door to another 15 years of life.  Can GOD do this?  Of course HE can, HE is almighty, all powerful, and in control.
  We don't need to ask GOD to turn back the hands of time, but to help us advance forward in time, honoring GOD in all we do, actions, deeds, and in our speech.  What does the Bible say about our past or turning back time?
Isaiah 43:18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
  Here are some scriptures that encourage us to move forward.  The Bible tells us to move forward.  Graffiti on a wall tells us this as well. It said: Look not back with regret, nor be anxious about the future, but look around with awareness.
  Even the bathroom scribe shows some wisdom.  If he can, think how much greater is the wisdom of GOD! 
  I do hope you understand my rambling and the point trying to be made. Thank you for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment