Thursday, March 4, 2021

Lustful ways? What does Solomon say about this? Proverbs 5:1-14

 Good morning all. What a great day to know that GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!

  Well, you probably know of King Solomon, the wisest man to have lived.  Well, even the wise get caught up in the lures of evil as well.  this may take 2 days, we'll see how long it goes today.
    Let us look at Proverbs 5 and go through this. Verse My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight,
that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge.
  How often have you said or heard said: "Do as I say, not as I do"? Solomon is saying listen to me, pay attention and be smart do what is right. (As you read you may notice Solomon may be speaking to himself as well, all this wives and concubines)?
  For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
    and her speech is smoother than oil;
but in the end she is bitter as gall,  
sharp as a double-edged sword.  
     Now this is talking about a woman, however, convert this to the material things in this world we lust after. Cars, homes, clothes, boys toys, girls toys, anything bigger and better than the neighbors have.  That temptation is there, if I had that Jaguar car I would be the envy of the neighborhood and experience joy, ecstasy, each time I sat in it, drove it, have other people look at it. Wow!  So, is this bad?  If in the right perspective NO, but if it consumes you YES!  Just like an adulterous woman or man; it looks good at first, but then........it is like poison and consumes you totally.
  Her feet go down to death;  her steps lead straight to the grave. She gives no thought to the way of life;  her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.  
   By partaking of this "adulterous" affair, whether with another person or any material "thing" we experience a special "ECSTASY" that we believe is fulfilling.  IT IS NOT!!  This leads to death, bound straight to death.  Heading to the kingdom of 'sheol' - the kingdom of dead. Giving no thought to the future and going wherever, not caring.  By doing this we seek to satisfy only our own depraved desires.   I   want---.  I   want---   I   want----
  Solomon tells us how to avoid this in verses 7-8.  Let's look and then visit.   Now then, my sons, listen to me; do not turn aside from what I say.  Keep to a path far from her,  do not go near the door of her house
  Keep away from these temptations.  What would happen if you involve yourself with a woman such as this?  Trouble with a capital T.  Well, in life, if we involve ourselves with the "better than the neighbor" attitude we are walking in the same path.
  Solomon says L I S T E N and do not put aside what I say.  Stay away from these temptations.  We are at a crossroads when in this situation and that is to follow GOD or follow satan (evil), AND we must make a choice.
   The kingdom of SHEOL (death) OR the kingdom of GOD (eternal life).  The choice is ours and this wisdom needs to be shared with the world.  Thanks for reading. Finish through 14 tomorrow.  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment