Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Proverbs 1:8-10 Listen to Mum and Pop

 Good morning all.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!! 

  Do you ever feel like you are behind a rock and no matter which way you go you just cannot get in front of that rock?  This is what sin tends to do to me; as Paul says in Romans 7: 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
  My thoughts, my actions, so often they tend to repulse me, yet I do them anyway.    We should not turn away from a parents guidance for they have experience and more wisdom than we.   So often I think of what my mom told me as I was growing up AND in my adult years.  Here is what Solomon says in Proverbs 1:My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother;   YES, hear the instruction of the father but heed the law of your mother.  What does this mean?  Our parents give us instruction for our own welfare; whether we heed it or not is another topic.  If we do, then what ?
  9 for they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
  What?  Something on my head and chains around my neck?  Are you serious?  In King James verse  9They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck..
   The garland basically is like a turban, something attractive such as we today wear hats or some type of head covering we think looks good or attractive.  A special headdress!
  Then a chain for my neck?  This would be a necklace as a masculine adornment which was given to young men in these days as he was moving into an area of new responsibilities.  This would serve as a reminder of his moral responsibility and heritage.
  We need to remember what Paul tells us and what Solomon is trying to impart upon us.  10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
   This verse 10 is being said to me in my mind over and over.  However, the main sinner in this scenario is ME.  My heart struggles, thus my mind wanders and falls to sinful thoughts.  The thoughts do not become deeds, but they are sinful.  
   Are you in the same place as I?  I will lay hands out for you in prayer and ask you do likewise for me.
  The LORD JESUS CHRIST is my savior and it is imperative that I live in a matter worthy to be called Friend, Son!  Thank you for reading with me today. I cherish your prayers. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment