Monday, December 20, 2021

God, the true Gentleman - Luke 11:13 - James 4:2

 

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. BE BLESSED, ENJOY CHRIST AT CHRISTMAS!!!!
   God sent his only BEGOTTEN SON so that we may have eternal life.  However, have you ever thought of GOD as the only true GENTLEMAN?
  God sent Jesus to offer us a way of salvation or life eternal and Jesus left us the Holy Spirit as our GPS (God Positioning System).  Jesus, the son of God came to earth and was the son of man to experience our woes and no's with a path to salvation.  BUT, GOD, knowing us, earthly humans, offered us free will.  We can choose to accept the offering of Jesus or not accept it.
  God, being the true gentleman, does not force this upon us.  Remember, HE is our father in heaven; similar to our father's on earth.  My earthly father wanted the best for me, helped me over barriers when I did not know what to do, but I had the option to listen and follow his word/advice or not.  Unfortunately, I did not heed his word enough and that created many rocky roads for me in my 73 years on this earth.
   Well, God does the same.  He gives us the Holy Spirit to help us through life; often we listen to the spirit and, again, many times we do not.  But God is always there, to help us through and all we have to do is call out to him.  In my 46 years as a son of God I do fail to listen and follow HIS word/advice and, yes, in return, it creates rocky roads.  HOWEVER, I know HE is there and I just need to stop, be still, and listen.
   I cannot use the scapegoat of "well, we are human but saved through Jesus and my sins are forgiven". That simply is a rationalization we earthly beings like to use as our excuse.  THERE IS NO EXCUSE!  The Bible is our guide, GOD is our father, and if we listen, let the Holy Spirit (GPS) lead, we will be okay and live eternally.
   Here are 2 scriptures that come alongside what I am chirping about.
Luke 11: 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Jame 4: Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
  Remember, GOD IS A TRUE GENTLEMAN AND ONLY GOES WHERE HE IS INVITED!  I hope you followed my rambling. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment