Thursday, December 16, 2021

What is Christmas to you? Jesus? The bread of Life? John 6:35

 

Merry Christmas!!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!
  What is Christmas to you?  What great memories do you have of Christmas years gone past?
   For me, growing up what I remember most about Christmas was the excitement I had about new toys and gifts.  What about Jesus?  Oh, we went to church, but for me----I did not think about Jesus----only the new gifts and playing with my cousins.
  For my sister and I, we would rise early in the morning, way before light, and look to see what Santa had brought us.  Then we would play with those toys until time to go to grandma and grandpa Osolin's house.  These were my mother's parents.
   All her siblings and their families would gather at grandma's to finish preparing Christmas meal. Grandma still cooked on a wood burning stove and she had a gas stove as well.  It all smelled wonderful.  When it was time I can only remember seeing my dad and uncles drink this one time.  They would take a bottle of whiskey, Jack Daniels I think, and pass it around to all the men.  The men would take a drink out of the bottle, pass it on to the next man until it returned to where it started.  They may have had a second drink, not totally certain, but that was the last time I would see the whiskey.  Where did it go?  Heaven only knows. LOL
  A prayer was offered, and then the kids would eat and they would send us on the way and the parents would all eat and fellowship.  All of us cousins would take off in a certain path and go to each others homes to see their toys. First the Bakers, then Osolins, Fischers, Holcomb's and back to grandma's house for supper.
  Then often we would go to the show and see a Christmas day movie at the local theater.  Everything in EADS, Co. was within walking distance and it was a day of excitement.
   Where was Jesus in this day of festivities?  Oh, He was there, but we, I, just failed to acknowledge Him.  Looking back, I wish we, I, would have thought more about Jesus and our salvation, yet it was a great time growing up.
  Today, at a more mature age, I am more in tune with Jesus, what HE did for ME, and that God has guided my steps, corrected the bad ones, and moved me to where I am today.  For this I am thankful.  Jesus is my savior, HE shed HIS blood just for me, and I know eternity will be more than wonderful.
   Please remember what Jesus said in John 6: 35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty".
 The toys, fellowship, fun and excitement pales in comparison to what Jesus has done for us.  Our salvation should be the excitement of our lives!  Thanks for taking time to be with me today.

I would love to hear your story. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment