Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A time of confession

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   I really need to soak in the words "JESU JEVU" - Jesus Help Me!
    For the past few weeks (2 or more) I find myself not coming to my morning prayer time, not being diligent in my Bible study, and serving God more in the "Martha" way rather than the "MARY" way.  For this I do apologize.  At this time I have asked God's forgiveness and as well I ask, now, for your forgiveness.  ALSO, I ask that you hold me accountable.  For the ones of you that read my daily's, please, if you feel moved to, hold me accountable.  Email me, call me, or something to remind me GOD IS FIRST - ALWAYS!!
  Yesterday, while working, things were going South and I wondered why.  Then I stopped, realized I have not been the obedient child of God that I should be.  At that time, I started praying, asking forgiveness, praising God, and wanting only to bring glory to God.  The very next place I stopped the doors were opened, a great meeting with the administrator, and I thanked God for the opportunity.  How often and quickly we forget, just as the children of Israel in the Exodus.  We can comment how short sighted the Israelites were, then look in a mirror and see a reflection of the same short shortsightedness today, in the 21st century (and it is us, you and me).
  1 Peter 5:8 (NIV) "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
  Phiulippians 4:4 (KJV) "Rejoice in the LORD always, and again I say, Rejoice."
    I just felt like today needed to be a day of confession to you, my fellow believers, of my sins and ask for your forgiveness and also that you hold me accountable.  If we are accountable to "someone", then we are less likely to "HIDE" our sins from others.  Even-tho we know that God is all knowing, all seeing, aware of our every thought and deed, many times we deceived ourselves by "hiding" or ignoring our sin.
  Thank you, my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.  May God bless you and keep you this wonderful day he hath made.  Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny
p.s. back in Peter tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment