Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What is your body? Really! Take time to reflect!

Good and Great morning to you all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   Take a moment and think about you, your life, your body, and exactly what your body is.  Oh, some will say (few) my body is a brick, solid and well put together. However, most of us will say my body is out of shape, needs exercise, less calorie intake; it needs work.
  Well, we have, if you will, 2 bodies: an outer body and an inner body.  You probably have heard the expression "you are what you eat", and if this is so - wow! What a mess my body is!  lol   But, have you thought of this, our outer body is what is presented to the people; the inner body is what is presented to God.
   The problem comes when the outer body is more of the world and pollutes the inner body.  The opposite needs to be the leader - where the inner body, the inner soul that is pleasing to God leads and the outer body cleans up its act and all the outer body says, does, and is viewed is of glory to God.
 1 Corinthians 10: 31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
  1 Timothy 4: 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
  Let me end with these verses.  Roman 12: 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
   Philippians 1: 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
  1 Corinthians 12: 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it
  And to end with: Psalm 100: 3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
  My prayer is that each of these verses will speak to you as they have spoken to me.  If not, take time to read again and meditate 60 seconds on each one.  I am nothing aside from my creator; without Him I am nothing; with Him I am everything.  Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment