Tuesday, February 14, 2017

You are part of a bigger story - Food for Thought

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   Have you just stopped and thought of who you are in Christ?  No, better yet have you thought of the fact that you are just part of someone else's story?
   A quote from Dr. Klyne Snodgrass: "Christians are people who take their identity from someone else's story.  It's not that we don't have our own story. It's that our story is part of a bigger story."
   Think about this for a moment.  What is your story?  How does your story fit into the BIG story? Huh? What BIG story?
   Let's say I live to be 80 years old; 1948-2028.  80 years.......hmmmm.....what does my "dash" mean. The dash means 1949,50,51,52,53,.....etc....2028.  A long time in human life; but how long in God's world? (time is for us, not God)
   You and I are a part of the biggest picture, the greatest story ever told, and the story is not over yet.  When will the story be over?  When the lead actor, Jesus, returns on the great white horse.  Now, back to you.
    Figure it this way, our role is just a cameo appearance.  The main characters have already starred, and they will appear, again, later on.  But for now, just do the cameo appearance and do it to the best of your ability.  You want to get the honor of having one of the best supporting roles with your cameo appearance.
  Okay, what is the BIG story.  It is in a book called the BIBLE, and begins at Genesis 1:1 - ends at Ends at Revelation 22:21.  How place will I have in this great story.  The place does not matter, it is what you do with your opportunity that matters.
   First listen to Philippians 4: 11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
  Second, 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
  Finally, 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Think about the greatest story, follow its example, and do your cameo with great zeal and gusto. Love you all.
Soli Deo Gloria
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment