Friday, August 11, 2017

Wisdom/knowledge vs temptation Proverbs 5: 1-4

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Soooo, how is your day going thus far?
   God, our heavenly father takes care of us.  When I am obedient and follow God's lead it is amazing the doors HE opens in a variety of ways. GOD IS GOOD!
  Look at Proverbs 5: 1My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:   2 That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
      If we look at this "attend unto my wisdom" - to me means do we take the time to ask God in the particular situation or do it in "our own wisdom"?  I do a lot of things because "I know" - yet had I waited, would seek God's wisdom things would have been different.
    And bow thine ear to my understanding - Just listen - follow.  But NO, the big "I" takes charge and " I " do it my way without truly understanding.
   It is important that we use discretion and knowledge when a situation confronts us.  Now, Solomon here is speaking, as I understand, to the young men, giving wisdom and knowledge so they do not stray.  He is saying listen, understand and be wise - don't go down the forbidden path.  Now look at v. 3:
  
For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
    Wow! The lure of something different and exciting. Temptations! It may seem wonderful at the moment and all goes wells when one is in the moment --- but watch out!
   
But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.
 Wormwood - what is that? It is a woody shrub with a bitter aromatic taste; and it leaves a state or source of bitterness or grief.
  Think of it this way.  It would be like you seeing a can of your favorite drink, let's say a Coke, you pick it up, take a swig, and find out it is a foul tasting medicine.
   Yes it all looks good, what will it hurt, but in the end it is bitter.
Sharp as a two-edged sword?  This means it cut or hurts going in, cut both ways-side to side -causing more damage and inflicting a greater and more severe wound.
    The reason this resonated with me today is this week I have been more diligent in my prayer time and study of the word (which could be much better).  Trying to be obedient to God and what He wants me to do.  My prayer time has been much better and I have to give God the honor and glory for opening the doors of opportunity.  I have experienced that when 1 door closed with my job; another, possibly greater door opened; and it is only because God is in control. In saying this, I was booked heavy Monday through Friday; 2 doors canceled, but when the 1 canceled I receive a call to replace the cancellation, AND, this could lead to a more promising contact. WOW! Praise God and thank you Jesus. Hope this makes sense to you all.  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
 

No comments:

Post a Comment