Friday, January 5, 2018

A L I Y A H - an ascent

Good morning my dear fellow Christians.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
  God is always on the move and ten years ago today God gave me a lady whom I believe is beautiful inside and out - my wife Jo Anne.  I was single/divorced and had said I would not marry again. I did not consult God and he, I am sure, was laughing and said, "oh yeah, watch this".  It has been a blessing.
  Okay, to the morning study.  A L I Y A H = Hebrew that means exalted, to ascend, to go up.  Why would I bring this word up?  Remember we have been reading in Romans 12 where we are told by Paul of how we should serve, how to act as a Christian and to not seek revenge as it is the LORD's.
  In the scriptures when Yeshua, the Messiah, Jesus went to Jerusalem they had to "aliyah" as Jerusalem is a city set on the mountains.
Inline image 1
So, to get there you have to go on a journey and the journey to Jerusalem is called ALIYAH.....the ascending.  This is not just because of the journey, but also because Jerusalem is the Holy City.  Today, in the modern age, when the Jewish people return to Israel, the Promised Land, their return is called Aliyah, the upward journey.
    You and I are children of Yeshua, the Messiah, of God and we must make our spiritual journey - our Aliyah.  So what is my Aliyah; what is your Aliyah -- it is our life's journey.
Our life should be an upward journey....a higher ascending....Aliyah to reach God.  And just how do we do this?  By each and every choice we make in life.  Just like climbing a mountain or a set of stairs - one step at a time.  We can choose the higher path---- OR ---- the lower path.  When we climb a mountain, we go one step at a time, then when we pause and look back we can see where we have come from.  The higher path may be harder and take more effort but once you have arrived at the peak you can look back and see from where you came.  Each step is higher than the last and takes us in the direction we are aimed.  Are you taking the right steps?  How is your ALIYAH going?  May you take the higher step in every decision; let your life be an Aliyah, an ascending for God.  Love you all.

Psalm 121-A song of ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment